Kirklees Employment Service is here to support you to achieve your goals and develop helpful strategies for coping in employment and day to day life. We offer a selection of pathways which you can chose from to begin tailoring support to your own needs. A summary of each pathway is given below; however, we also have a useful checklist system to help you decide which option might be best for you. If you are still unsure then please do not hesitate to call us on 01484 434866.
|Your Main Goal||Employment|
Volunteering (including volunteering with our service)
Retain in employment
|Improve wellbeing and understanding of your mental health|
Become a Peer Support Champion
|To begin using both employment and peer support in your own time and at your own pace||For employers.|
Support employees with workplace mental health
To retain staff
To support with phased returns
To improve organisation of mental health and employment
|Ideal Time Frame to achieve goal||6 months (will be reviewed regularly and will be flexible based on needs and engagement)||No time frame||No time frame||No time frame|
|Types of meetings||One to one with adviser:|
Face to face
|Face to Face|
Handbooks (self-help documents)
|Not Applicable|| Face to face if required|
|Engagement Level||A willingness to have support to do things for yourself and gradually build independence.|
Committed to attending meetings with adviser (if 3 are missed with no notice you will have to re-refer to the service).
Committed to taking on tasks for self in sessions and in between sessions
Agreement that if struggling to engage in sessions, a referral to a different pathway may be more appropriate
|If attending groups, a willingness to engage with the sessions through attendance.|
Willingness to partake in any tasks set away from sessions (usually more for handbooks).
Join in with conversations where possible.
|Decided by the individual||Willing to make time for appointments with adviser|
Willing to schedule any workshops into the working day as required
|Resources Available||Access to Peer Support and Online Resources|
Personalised Support Plan.
Goals and achievements regularly reviewed.
Can also use pathway 2 and 3.
|Presentations and resources from groups|
The chance to talk with others with lived experiences
Can refer to other pathways when ready
|Handbooks to complete|
Links to other services
Links to mental health support
Employability resources such as CV guides, Job searching guides and interview tips. Can refer to other pathways when ready
Links to helpful sites and guides
An Employer and mental health handbook
Tailored meetings with an adviser
Can signpost colleagues to all available pathways
Pathway 1: Employment (1-2-1 support):
- For people who have a goal of getting into employment, education, training, volunteering, or placements within a 6-month time frame of starting with your adviser.
- You don’t need to know what you want to do – we can help you figure that out
- We do need you to be committed to doing work in and out of sessions – we’re here to support you to be independent.
- We can help with creating CVs, job/education applications, interview preparation and much more.
- We can help you to retain a job if you are experiencing mental ill health at work – or to change jobs.
- You can use pathways 2 and 3 at the same time.
- If 3 sessions are missed with no, or very short notice, then your file will be closed, and you will need to re-refer to us.
- You will receive a mix of face to face, phone, and email support
Pathway 2: Peer Support:
- Workshops and/or groups delivered online and in person.
- Handbooks available for self-help support
- Focused on mental health wellbeing and coping strategies
- Confidence to Work course – for those wanting to think about employability/employment
- Can use pathway 3
- Can refer into pathway 1 when ready
- Peer Champions: which means you can support people using knowledge or experience; for example, understanding of a particular mental health diagnosis, understanding of a particular culture, understanding of how our service works and others in the area
Pathway 3 – Online (Self Help):
- For people who just need some guidance, feel confident with self-help and don’t require 1-2-1 support; or those who are not quite feeling ready to take the step of 1-2-1 support or group support.
- Peer Workbooks to download
- Useful job tips, interview tips, cv builder and much more.
- Can refer to other pathways
Pathway 4 – Employer Engagement:
- For employers/organisations
- Support to understand mental health in your workplace
- Support to retain employees and with return to works
- Access to become peer champions
- Online resources on our website