The Employment Support Service offers 1-2-1 advice from experienced advisers who can help work towards your vocational goals. Steps which you might take with your adviser include identifying options based on your skills, creating a CV, support with applications, support to find education courses, and support to retain work – plus much more!
Your adviser will meet with you at scheduled times and can provide a mixture of face to face, telephone, email, Zoom and What’s App Video appointments depending on your own needs.
The service works to ensure that we cater to the individual needs of the people we support. To help us a chieve this we have a commitment that we make to those we support:
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
You can expect us to:
- work in partnership with you to identify, value and develop your skills and talents
- provide an experienced and trained employment advisor to work with you
- provide access to information on a range of educational opportunities and career routes
- provide regular Action Plans which have been discussed and agreed with you
- work in partnership with you and your employer or training provider (should you wish us to do so) to provide any support required
- refer you to another specialist agency if our service is not appropriate for you
- promote and enable equal opportunity for people with mental health problems
- treat with respect all information about you and only share information as outlined in our Data Protection statement
- adhere to our statement of service
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
We ask that you:
- let us know if you are delayed or cannot attend any appointment
- let us know if you have any additional requirements you would like us to consider
- be prepared to work towards realistic goals as outlined in your Support Plan
- expect to be treated equally and with respect and to treat others in the same way
- keep us informed of any changes in your welfare benefits and/or circumstances
- give feedback on our services to enable us to continue to meet your needs
All staff have a range of experience in mental health, training and/or other specialist needs. Qualifications and experience include Training & Development, Assessment, Adult Learning, Psychology and a variety of vocational qualifications and experience. All our Employment Advisors will have achieved the NVQ 4 in Guidance or be working towards this qualification.